Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mom's Granola

It's about time I posted to this dang blog again! :) I'll do better promise. I recenlty posted this on HowDoesShe.com {the blog that has taken over my life}.

My sweet husband found my mom's homemade granola recipe, made it, and put a big ziplock bag of it in my Christmas Stocking {yes he has his adorable moments}! My bag was devoured by many in about one day. I have been craving it ever since. I knew I had to make, and share, my mom's famous granola recipe. Put your own twist on it and add whatever ingredients your family likes.

It is as delicious as it looks.

Mom's Homemade Granolagranola1


Ingredients:

-12 C Quick Cooking Oats

-1/2 C Flour

-1 T Cinnamon

-1/2 t Nutmeg

-4 C Random dry ingredients (I use raisins, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, small chocolate chips, peanut butter chips.)

-1 C Vegetable Oil

-1 C Honey

---

{I like to buy all of my dry ingredients from the bulk section of my grocery store, making this healthy treat inexpensive}

granolaingredients


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients but oil and honey. Mix oil and honey and microwave until hot. Pour oil and honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread mix over 3 baking sheets and bake until lightly golden brown on top (appx 20 min).granolacooking

Let cool, then break up into chunks.

Yum!!

No comments: